.

.

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Keeping Occupied

 


Just trying to keep myself occupied before 'the hubster' goes back into hospital tomorrow. I've done all my 'jobs' and I thought I would have a play with some more Julie Hickey stamps and dies I haven't used yet. I've just ordered some more Pink Frog Christmas stamps and supersmooth card and other bits and bobs that I possibly don't need but I think I'm having a bit of retail therapy to get my mind off it as well. Does anyone else do this or is it just me LOL??? 

He's just surprised me with tickets he's bought for us to go to see Riverdance in November and fingers..legs and eyes totally crossed he'll be back on his feet well before then. Weather has been really lovely these past few days and I spent a few hours yesterday helping my lovely neighbours tidy up there garden ready for the winter...her husband was diagnosed with dementia last year god bless him but he's always cheerful and happy and we laugh so much.  Well I shall toodle off now...all of you stay safe because that virus is still around...lots of huggles xxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxx 

12 comments:

Chris said...

Glad you're keeping yourself busy Sue...and there's nothing wrong with a little retail therapy. Hope it's a really short hospital stay this time, then you can both look forward to Riverdance (what a lovely surprise!)
Gorgeous card, love the colours and the big bold sentiment.
Keep your chin up!!
xxx

meg said...

You created a beautiful background for that bold sentiment floral embellishment,hope Paul's stay in hospital is a short one,and he's home and fit for Riverdance

Liz said...

Beautiful card Sue. A bit of retail therapy seems the perfect way to keep yourself busy. Hope all goes well with Paul tomorrow and his stay in hospital is a short one. It’s lovely that you both have Riverdance to look forward to. xx

anne said...

A lovely sunny card Sue, I understand the retail therapy, enjoy your goodies when they arrive.
Hope that your husbands hospital stay is a short one.
Hugs
Anne x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Sue, lovely stamps and dies - so pretty.
I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

Beautiful card Sue, so pretty.
What a lovely surprise for you and what a lovely neighbour you are too.xx

Valerija said...

This is fabulous! I absolutely love your card.
Valerija xx

tilly said...

How nice to have an outing to look forward to when hopefully your husband will be feeling much better, It's nice to splurge on a little something new, enjoy it and well done helping with the gardening xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful card Sue I love that big sentiment and the backing sheet that flower looks amazing a brilliant creation I love it
hugs
lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Keeping busy is a good way of distracting yourself Sue, mind you I don't need an excuse to buy things lol.
I love your beautiful card, lovely design altogether.
I hope Paul gets on well with his procedure, fingers crossed and healing vibes, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card Sue, I love the colours, stamps and dies. Hope Paul will be back with you soon and in time for the River Dance. How kind off you to help your neighbour.
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love the flower Sue and beautiful colours. xx