.

.

Saturday 31 August 2019

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would update you on what has been going on...you know his operation was delayed because of chest and stomach bug infections...well he finally had his operation after a LOT of cancellations on Tuesday...went down to theatre at 7.15 am said he would be back just after lunch...came back at 6.30 pm I was a nervous wreck!!! let me in to see him when they got all his machines connected..looked like something out of a star wars movie!!! Anyway because they were still messing around with him I thought it best to leave..give him a kiss etc and tottled off to my accomodation...couldn't sleep...my phone went off at 12.30 he's been rushed back to theatre! we will ring you back as soon as possible....so my poor hubby was once again opened up and clots had formed round his heart and blood had collected so he came back around 7 am...I was a total wreck sobbed my heart which actually did me some good...Anyway Wednesday he was stable then he started to go in Ventricular Tacyhacardia and all the bells and buzzers went off I went into panic mood..got asked to leave and they would call me back in asap....three hours later they called me he had settled down again...I mean he has had major surgery and opened up everything again I totally understand but it's hard seeing all this go on..Thursday they started to take him off his deep meds so he could come round a bit...everything was fine he was squeezing  my hand wiggling my toes I was over the moon! then 10 minutes later everything went mad and he looked like he was having a seizure..so I'm off to wait again and the Professor that did his op came diving in I was just numb...so back on deep meds again and onto dialysis machine..just to add to all the others! so Friday..(hope it was Friday because I have NO clue what day it is) started weaning me off his meds he was nodding his head shaking it and they took some tubes out of his mouth but not his breathing one attached to the ventilator although they had turned it down and his breating was going well but he was getting aggravated he wanted it out so they decided 6pm it was coming out ...he went back in Ventricular Tacycardia and it was a no go...so today I patiently await some good news

Huggles to you all Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Sue, how desperately worrying for you and my heart goes out to you both. I will be keeping Paul and you in my thoughts and I hope you have some good news today, Big Hugs, Kate x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh dear how worried you must be and how awful for him. I do hope he soon improves x

Christine Harrop said...

Oh Sue what a dreadfully worrying and trying time for you. I really do hope you have some better news today. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up. Big hugs, and love to Paul too. Christine xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness Sue, hang in there the pair of you. Wishing Paul a speedy recovery and I am thinking of you both. Lots of hugs Mrs A.

jimlynn said...

Oh Sue, I'm thinking and praying for both of y'all. This has got to be so stressful on you. Wishing him a fast recovery. Super big hugs to you! Keep us updated,
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Sue, how awful for you and hubby, although he probably doesn't know what's going on, it's all on your shoulders. At least they are are on the ball and there when he needs something done. Sending your strength and prayers.
Faith x

cotnob said...

I'm so sorry to here this Sue, I can't imagine what you are going through - my heart goes out to you both, I hope things begin to improve for you very soon.
Sending hugs.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness me, you really are going through the mill and poor Hubby too. I am so sorry to read this news and I really hope that you do get some good news very soon.
Will be thinking about you.

Kath x

Sarah said...

How frightening for you both Sue. I hope by now that he is beginning to improve. Thinking of you xx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue, sending you both heartfelt wishes for a positive outcome. He's a fighter and so are you! WakeyL

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sue, you've been on my heart so much hunny. I popped in tonight to see if you might have left a wee update. Oh my goodness, my heart is in my mouth reading all this, I can only imagine how difficult this time has been for you, but your hubby clearly has a strong will and considering all he's gone through, is hanging in there. I pray he is able to come off the machines soon and start that road to recovery post surgery. Love and hugs hunny, you are in my heart and on my mind, Wends xoxo