.

.

Saturday 16 March 2024

Just A Little Update

 Hi everyone...well not sure if it was 'fate' or just 'pure coincidence' but we have been donating to a dog rescue for quite a lot of years now and I was talking to 'the hubster' about how I had this gaping hole since we lost Ollie and I know nothing would ever replace him...but we decided to put our name forward to rescue a dog and give it a good home...so I sorted all the forms out and just left it at that. So last Friday my Grandson and I were just sat chatting and he said if you ever get another dog Nana what would you call it? ..so I thought about it and I said Betty for a girl and Bertie for a boy LOL 

Saturday morning the phone rang..and it was the rescue centre did I fancy adopting a spaniel he's chocolate brown and he's 12 months old and his name is 'Bertie'...she must have thought I was crazy because I just burst into tears...and to make it more amazing it would have been Ollie's 14th birthday the same day.  So here is Bertie! made himself at home already..so gentle and so loving and I'm sure there are 2 special dogs somewhere over the rainbow bridge looking down on us all knowing Bertie will have a truly loving home.



11 comments:

Chris said...

Aww Sue, shedding a happy tear for you! So glad that Bertie is settling in so well- it was definitely meant to be! Bet he enjoyed that wonderful walk with your grandson and I'm sure your grandson did too. As I said before, Bertie is a very lucky boy and will be much loved.
hugs xxx

meg said...

Wishing you many happy years with Bertie,he is lucky to be adopted my you and Paul.

Liz said...

Lovely news, Sue. I’m sure Bertie was meant to be part of your family. xx

LesleyG said...

Oh how lovely, he looks a perfect new member of your family, so glad for you xxx

Janette said...

Awww Sue I am having a cry here for you, Bertie is a very lucky pup indeed, its amazing how these things happen, bless you for taking him in and giving him a good home, I am sure Ollie is watching, bless him...Enjoy, he is a little beauty. xxx

Inkyfingers said...

I too shed a happy tear and then a big grin at this awesome happenstance, Sue! Bertie looks adorable and I'm sure he couldn't find a more loving home. Sending big hugs as you settle in with each other.
Carol xxx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG, OMG, OMG SUE Bertie is absolutely beautiful it sounds like karma to me it all worked out perfectly and was meant to be, oh Sue I could cry I knew another dog would make things better but I never liked to say, I am totally thrilled for you your hubby and of course Bertie whoopeee
hugs
lolo x

Sarah said...

Oh Sue, my heart is overflowing with happiness for you. What a gorgeous boy Bertie is and definitely fate. He's a lucky, lucky boy, sent especially by Ollie and Woody. A house isn't a home without a wet nose and slobbery kisses. So happy for you xx

cuilliesocks said...

OMGosh Sue, I'm shedding a tear here at your lovely story, and Bertie is adorable, it was just meant to be, and I'm sure your two boys would be so happy for you too. Have lots of fun with Bertie, Hugs Kate x

Darnell said...

This gives me chills, Sue! Talk about being meant to be! I just want to scratch behind those gorgeous ears! He is so handsome! Our Nellie is a rescue, too, and I recognize that look in Bertie's eyes. That desire to please so this will be his forever home. He doesn't need to worry! He'll soon relax and know he struck gold with all the love you all have to give him! I'm so happy for you! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

Oh Sue, Bertie is just gorgeous, Spaniels are such loving dogs so I am sure he won't take long to settle into his new home and you will have lots of happy times together.

Pat xx