.

.

Sunday 13 October 2019

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know how hubby is getting on...he came home this weekend on 'hospital leave' and he goes back this evening and fingers crossed he is home for good this Wednesday! It has been a really really long 7 weeks ...lots of tears and anxiety (where's Noah I think I flooded the earth with tears LOL!)  He's still very frail and has lost an enormous amount of weight but the most important thing he is here with me because I know a few of my bloggy friends haven't been so lucky.  So the spare room looks like a hospital at the moment with the amount of medication and dressings required to change his drive line from the machine he now has permanently attached but he has a nice 'man bag' to carry it in and our Granddaughter reckons it needs covering in pink furry material with unicorns on!!!! Thanks to each and every one of you that has sent us cards and well wishes I truly appreciate them all. 

Lots of huggles and I hope I can get back to my crafty room soon!!!

Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Sue, how lovely to hear that Paul is home, even for just a little while. what a difficult time it's been for you both, and indeed you family. I hope now that his recovery will be steady and that he will soon be well, Hugs Kate x

Jo said...

Hi Sue, so glad all is looking good for you both & Paul will soon be home with you where he belongs. Sending you hugs x

Kathleen said...

Well Sue I am so glad to hear that Hubby has had a home visit and he could be back for good on Wednesday (fingers crossed for you) You have been very brave as sit must have been a really dreadful time for you,
Well if he does cover his 'man bag' with pink furry material and a Unicorn, please do post a photo.

Kath x

Carole Pollard said...

Hi Sue I have just read your last few posts and am really sorry I have not been blogging and have missed them My husband has had an operation recently but nothing on this scale he is doing OK but we do spend a lot of time at hospital appointments so my time to craft is much reduced . Anyway enough of my apology. I want to say how strong you have been it’s been a really awful few weeks and I ‘ m glad he has been allowed home no matter how awful you feel home is always a great healer. I want you to know I am thinking about you and you must look after yourself as well I’m sending you lots of love and hugs Carole x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm so happy things are on the mend and you will have hubby home with you soon. You have had an awful time and I think more worrying for the relatives than the patient, most of the time they are "out of it" and just wait for things to be done to them we sit and wait, the worst part. God Bless Sue and looking to hearing more good news.
Faith x

cotnob said...

I'm so pleased to hear that your husband was allowed home for the weekend Sue, I hope all goes well and he can come home for good on Wednesday, it must be a very worrying time for you but it sounds like things are going well - long may it continue.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue, what wonderful news. Hoping his recovery continues. Have been thinking of you since your last update and praying for a positive outcome. WakeyL